Tuesday 11 December 2012

Skin Care Routine

Hello lovelies,

Today i have decided to talk about my skin care routine. This is a very hard subject to cover for me because i have mostly used the same products for about a year and a half however i have recently been adding new products to my daily skin care routine.

The brand however that i have not faltered from for the past year and a half has been Clarins. I have previously tried Clinique, No 7 and many others however i think i have found the brand that is for me. Clarins has such a great, wide range of products that no matter what i need they seem to have. Whether its Tinted moisturiser mixed with my favourite daily moisturiser or beauty flash balm that helps to reduce spots and blemishes.

I will start by showing you a picture of the products i use from Clarins on a morning and night daily routine:


I use two cleansers. The first is the Gentle Foaming Cleanser with Shea Butter (this is for sensitive skin/dry skin - i have both). I use this to wash my face with. I use my Clarinsonic with this before aplying the Cleansing Milk, again for dry/sensitive skin. I apply this with a cotton pad. The Clarins lady said this could be washed off or left on to give added moisture. I leave mines on as i wash off the first product. I follow this up with a toner again for sensitive skin. Before finally applying the Hydraquench daily moisturiser for normal/dry skin. The moisturiser for very dry skin is awful! I have previously tired this and it is more like a nigh cream. It is extremely thick and cloggy and i broke out in a lot of spots when i accidentally bought the wrong one.

This is my typical day and night routine however within the past few weeks i have been trying a variety of different products because i have broke out in a lot of spots, some of which i think may be acne as the are lumps under my skin and have not came to a head or reduced in size for 3 weeks. I have never previously suffered from acne nor had any spots like this. I am 20 and have only ever suffered from the odd whitehead or red itchy spot that has lasted 2 days max. In light of this i have tried Dermalogica Daily Microfoliant after i have used the face wash with my clarisonic. I thought that using the Clarisonic would open up my pores and allow the microfoliant to work and at first it appears to be but i wont be able to give a full review for a few weeks yet.



Clarins however is a great brand, the Hydraquench moisturiser is a god send as it really is moisturising but not greasy and doesn't make your skin oily throughout the day unlike other brands i have tried. I first moved to this brand as i suffered from terrible dry skin. I would be flaking all around my nose as soon as i put my make up on, it was a very horrible look and since switching to them i have had very little problem with dry skin. I also suffer from Psoriasis and this product has not affected me in any way, it doesn't irritate it.

The only draw back to Clarins is the price tag, everything except the cream is about £17, the cream is £35. I find it cheaper to buy some of the products on eBay as they can be up to 70% cheaper if you can find the right sellers at the right time. If not then i have to pay full price. It's not ideal but the product itself is a miracle worker for me so i do advise at least giving it a go for one round of everything.

Even my friends have asked me what skin care products i use because normally (up until about 3 weeks ago) i have a very clear complexion so i have converted them to Clarins.

Thank you for reading.


2 comments:

  1. Hey, thanks for sharing your experience and tips. I will try it myself.
    Cheers,
    Allison

    ReplyDelete